woensdag 11 maart 2009

Treats from Scandinavia, part two



This is a picture from the first Ottobre magazine I ever saw. I fell in love with the little fellow wearing his overall. It was in the summer of 2005 and as I was pregnant, I started to look for nice things I could make for the baby. I can so recall standing in the local bookstore and scrolling to all the pages with childrens wear. Bright and colourfull, with lots of stuff for boys. In that bookstore my love for the Finnish magazine was born.

At the time I thought I wasn't skilled enough to sew the overalls. In the meantime I've learned a lot, simply by doing it. Piece after piece you build up skills and confidence behind the machine. Now I'm able to make this. I have to choose a different pattern now, because Pelle's to big for this. But I definately keep the lion.

Ria

1 opmerking:

  1. I've seen the overalls as well, they're just adorable. I don't have the issue, and back in 2005, if you'd told me I'd be sewing now the way I am - I wouldn't have believed you. Isn't life funny that way... ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen