vrijdag 10 april 2009

Our storks








We have a pair of storks in the village. Each year, they fly from the south of Europe back to us and start to breed. The whole community is always on the lookout for their arrival.
This year they already where here in February. There must be eggs in the nest by now.
Since they are in a field and therefor a little bit hard to photograph, I asked Mark to use his camera. It was so sunny today, so a perfect time to try.

The storks share their field with some horses.



I wish you a happy Easter. We will be in Gran Canaria, on sunday, for our holliday.
There will be no blogging for 2 weeks. I'm going to miss the internet, and my sewing, but hey, you have to make some sacrifices sometimes, don't you.


Ria

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Hey Ria - I haven't been following your blog quite as actively this last couple of weeks, as I wanted to, but you know why. I want to thank you for your sweet comment on my blogpost about the surgery - I really appreciate it! We have storks in Denmark too, and I love them, but nowhere around here as far as I know. I hope you have the best trip to Gran Canaria - sure sounds nice! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. How special, thanks for sharing photos. Hope you survive 2 weeks with no internet and sewing, what a sacrifice, LOL!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen