vrijdag 2 april 2010

Making more presents








I made this napkin holder for a woman who gave me lots of fabrics.
It’s a version of a tissue holder I made earlier, but enlarged. I bought the lovely birds appliqué at the Hema, who are selling more and more embellishments these days.

I’m building up a wonderful collection of fabrics, and am so pleased with gifts. A curtain from my sister-in-law becomes a lining for a bag, a skirt from my mum turns into a pant for Pelle

ringo pants
Originally uploaded by oddwise

and the fabric from a friend of us is waiting to be used as wallhanging in the attic room where we meditate. The fabrics given to me are not my own choice, and that even makes it more valuable, because it helps me to step outside the box. And the things I really don’t like I give away, for someone else to see the beauty and usability of it.




Yesterday I was so happy, because I’m making a small bag (more about that later) and I can so perfectly use the D-rings of an old babycarrier given to us when Pelle was born and which I never used. Boy, these red rings are so worth cutting up the carrier and saving them, till 4 ½ years later I can use them.


2 opmerkingen:

  1. I like to save things to reuse, too. Two years ago I used a silk skirt that I had hardly worn for a purse lining. One of my favorite skirts I made from an antique pair of woolen sailor pants. The wool was just too beautiful to pass up. Thinking of interesting ways to recycle fabrics is always fun. I think your pants for Pelle turned out wonderful. Can't wait to see the bag.

    Oh, and HEMA is one of the things I miss about not living in Europe anymore - one of my favorite stores to find neat things for not much money.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Deze reactie is verwijderd door een blogbeheerder.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen